Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Essay Number 3!!

I have chosen to revise essay number 2, our rhetorical analysis essay. While my first attempt at this essay was not my best, I believe I can turn this essay into a great piece of work. I have grasped the concepts of what a rhetorical analysis is and I better understand what components need to go into my essay. I have looked at what my weaknesses were in this essay and also what my strengths were. I plan to better my weaknesses and turn them into my strengths. 
My first attempt at this essay was more of a summary then an actual rhetorical analysis. I plan to use what we have learned in class and turn my essay into a true rhetorical analysis. I would like to touch on what rhetorical aspects my author uses in her article. My author uses logos, ethos, and pathos so I will touch on how she uses them and how and if they work for her.
I would like to better develop my thesis. I don't think my thesis was very clear in my first attempt at this essay. I would like to think of a good thesis that will steer the way for the rest of my essay and help me prove what I am trying to say. My thesis will also be very specific as well as analytical. 
I would like to come up with better beginning and ending sentences. I hope to develop them in a way which will let my reader know what the following paragraph is going to be about. Then my ending sentence will relate to what the paragraph was about. I would like my sentences to allow my essay to flow as the reader is reading it. I am also planning to organize my body paragraphs better.
In general, I would like to improve my essay as a whole. I want my reader to have something to think about when they are done reading. My essay involves bullying which I believe is a very interesting and current topic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment