Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Facebook Me VS Real Me

I use Facebook daily, like most people do. Your Facebook page represents you. Someone who doesn't know you and wants to know about you, can do so by exploring your Facebook. When you first look at my Facebook, you can see my hometown, the school I attend, what I am studying, and that I am in a relationship with my boyfriend, David. As you browse through my Facebook, you come across my favorite bands, movies, books, television shows, activities, interests and inspirational people. Someone who doesn't know me can see that I have a very diverse taste in music, I like a lot of different movies, my favorite book is The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and that I watch a lot of Cartoon Network. Under my inspirational people, you can find Bettie Page, R2D2, and Hello Kitty. Someone who doesn't know me can conclude that I have a cute sense of humor, I enjoy Star Wars, and that I also am fond of Bettie Page. My activities include singing songs in a british accents, blowing bubbles, and smoking joints with jesus. I think this really shows my humorous side. I post a lot of things on Facebook, most of them being random pictures I find on the internet and pictures of my own that I take. Most of my pictures include cute animals, random pictures I find funny or interesting, pictures of my boyfriend and I, and I also post an unhealthy amount of pictures of my dog, Daisy. I like to post pictures of my dog doing different things, such as being wrapped up in a blanket so she looks like a sushi roll. Many people know I am obsessed with my dog due to the fact I post so many pictures of her. I don't post too many statuses, because I really don't feel that it is necessary to inform the Facebook world of my every move. When I do post statuses, they are usually lyrics of a song that I either really enjoy, or lyrics that express what I am feeling. I also post statuses that express excitement and happiness about certain things or events, such as my Mother buying my tickets for The Governors Ball in NYC which is a big 3 day music festival in June or wishing my boyfriend a Happy Anniversary. I also sometimes post videos I find funny or music videos of my favorite songs. By just looking at my Facebook, I think someone can conclude that I am a quirky, sarcastic, humorous person who enjoys music and going to concerts. I am very fond of my dog, and I am very much in love with my boyfriend David. While you can't completely learn everything there is to know about a person based on their Facebook, you can get a really good idea about what kind of person they are.


No comments:

Post a Comment